Building An Intentional Relationship with Your Email Subscribers with Email Marketing Guru Ashley DeLuca – PODCAST EPISODE 70
In this episode, email marketing guru Ashley DeLuca walks us through building an intentional relationship with your email subscribers through smart email marketing strategy. We discuss what defines a successful community of subscribers, how you can increase your click and open rates, what “profitable conversions” look like, and how to be really smart about building a real connection with your audience! You can find Ashley HERE.
Building An Intentional Relationship with Your Email Subscribers with Email Marketing Guru Ashley DeLuca
As a podcaster and keynote speaker, Ashley DeLuca is widely regarded as the go-to source for all things email marketing for e-Commerce and service-based businesses. She has been featured on Thrive Global, Funnel Magazine, GoDaddy, Mind of George, and many others. Ashley will be the first to admit that she’s obsessed with avocados, sea turtles, and email marketing. (And won’t ever pass up a good cup of coffee)!
TUNE IN + SUBSCRIBE TO YOUR FAVORITE PLATFORM:
BULLET POINTS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- What does hustle like a mother mean to you?
- For me, it’s about really getting very clear and intentional about what you are hustling. And as a mom, it is very much about being very intentional. I didn’t think it was honestly possible back like five years ago and now it’s like, oh my gosh, this is totally possible to be able to do both of those things and mesh them together.
- Tell us a little bit about yourself. Tell us about your business, how you got started, and how you ended up as the email marketing go-to
- I went through the process back when I was 14 years old, actually learning about websites and design from library books and a laptop that I bought with babysitting money.
- I actually started about five years ago. I ended up doing a bunch of Craigslist ads and lo and behold ended up starting to do websites. People started to talk to me about email. My friend Ashley at the time was like, well, what do you really want to do? And then that’s when I blurted out email.
- Tell me, for you and for your clients, what actually defines a successful community of email subscribers?
- My definition of that is specifically not just in the numbers, but also in the feeling as well too, because I think that’s really incredibly important when it comes to email marketing. So often, we just look at the open and click rates and that’s how we define our community. But for me, it doesn’t just come from those two numbers. It also comes from the replies that sometimes are tracked in systems. It also comes from social media DMs that I get maybe a couple months later.
- What are those first couple of steps to starting to build this community in relationship with their subscribers?
- I truly believe the very first thing is if you have people who are not engaged, let’s first go through the process of seeing who is completely dead and who you can still save. Go through the process of trying to weed out people who are just totally dead in the water. Like they weren’t getting my emails. Maybe they just got lost in spam or never even made it there to begin with – just clear the dead weight. That’s the first step.
- You want to create a consistent touchpoint plan that you’re going to actually do. This is the structure, this is the plan – batching that content will then allow for you to be able to lean into that without having distractions and excuses.
- Understand what kind of content you’re sending out. The five email types are created specifically to make sure that you’re giving enough value, connection, and then selling in that way for you to be able to make sure you’re hitting all of the stages in a relationship.
- When it comes to increasing open and click rates, what are your top tips?
- The number one thing to remember about open rates is that it’s actually 50% what you put in the subject line and then 50% the relationship that you actually have with a subscriber. Think about those subject lines, like not being misleading, but how can you create curiosity?
- For the click rate, I would definitely just recommend instead of putting the full link out, make sure you always hyperlink text. The second thing is just make it obvious what you want people to do.
- Where can we find you on the internet? What are some ways we can learn more about what you do and what do you have to offer?
- You can always come find me over on Instagram @ashleykdeluca. You’re more than welcome to pop into DMs. Please ask any questions that you have. If you’re stuck on something, I am here to help. In terms of offerings and all of that really fun stuff, if you have some emails that you would like for me to audit, just send me over a DM on Instagram and let me know you want an audit and I’m more than happy to look over a couple of your emails for you and provide you with specific feedback to get you through.
- Facebook Biz Page: https://facebook.com/ashleykdeluca
- Personal FB: https://facebook.com/ashleykayladeluca
- Website URL: https://ashleykdeluca.com