How To Create A Healthy, Sustainable Lifestyle As A Busy Mom with Amber Shaw- PODCAST EPISODE 65
In this episode, we explore the idea that working moms “don’t have time” to live a healthy and sustainable lifestyle. We discuss Amber’s past, her store and how her business journey got off the ground – and then we talk about what a healthy and sustainable life can actually, feasibly look for busy moms. Amber also talked about “food freedom” and what it means to actually change your life vs just jumping on the diet train. You can find Amber HERE.
How To Create A Healthy, Sustainable Lifestyle As A Busy Mom with Amber Shaw
Amber is a Body Transformation Expert and Founder of The Wellness Revolution. Amber has extensively coached thousands of women (age 40+) from all across the world to get off the crazy train of dieting and find true food freedom so they can feel empowered, confident and sexy.
TUNE IN + SUBSCRIBE TO YOUR FAVORITE PLATFORM:
BULLET POINTS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- What does “Hustle Like A Mother” mean to you?
- It’s trying to make things happen in my business as an entrepreneur, but also make things happen as a mom. Spending time each week getting out of that masculine energy and into that feminine energy. Then being a pusher and making things happen. Overall finding more balance and stepping more into that feminine energy.
- What is your story? Tell me more about your business and the journey you took to get to where you are today!
- As a women’s weight loss coach, I coach women to get out of the dieting train. Starting at age 15 I lived my entire life on a diet. This really progressed all the way into my thirties when I had my kid. I gained a lot of weight with my kids then after I had my kids, I lost the weight in an unhealthy way. I had been in a very successful sales career for about 16 years that didn’t fulfill me and I felt stuck. My marriage exploded and was a spiritual awakening for me to figure out where I wanted to go for the next 40 years.
- As a part of my journey, I wanted to take so much of this pain that I was experiencing to figure out a way to help women. After a pivotal trip for my 40th birthday, I came back and I immediately enrolled in an integrative nutrition program and re-upped my personal training certification. I launched a personal brand and coaching business and let the business come in.
- I heard a marketer talk about how to build a business on TikTok. I started sharing my story and reaching out to women and moms. I had a video that went viral and it changed the whole trajectory of my life.
- What does a healthy and sustainable lifestyle look like for busy moms?
- I coach women to get off dieting and really teach them a sustainable way to live. You are not on a restrictive diet but 80-85% of the time eating foods to fuel your body and then 15-20% of the time you can live your life.
- Have moderation and satisfaction and learn how to do it with a little bit of balance. It’s about progress over perfection and stop trying to be so perfect all the time.
- What does it mean to find “food freedom”?
- Food freedom is being free of the shackles of food and healing our relationship with food so that we can be the best version of ourselves for ourselves and others.
- Are there any tips or tricks you want to leave with listeners today?
- Start thinking small and consider, what is one thing that you can do today to just start moving in that right direction?
- Start to notice what you’re putting in your body. Begin to replace some of the foods with actual whole foods.
- Where can my listeners find you and what are some ways they can learn more about you and what you have to offer?