Niching Down Your Coaching Business in 3 Painless Steps with Kathy Stowell – PODCAST EPISODE 57
Niching Down Your Coaching Biz in Three Painless Steps
Today’s episode chats with Kathy Stowell as we go over the 3 painless steps you can take to niche down your coaching business – AND WHY you shouldn’t be afraid to niche down. We also chat about keeping a steady work life balance and actionable strategies you can put into place to book your next client NOW. Find Kathy at Bliss Beyond Naptime HERE.
Niching Down Your Coaching Biz in Three Painless Steps with Kathy Stowell
Kathy Stowell is an online business coach for mom coaches. Her superpower is sniffing out over-complicated. And with that she helps her clients create a clearly defined niche, a simple marketing plan and steady work/life balance. Whether you’re a seasoned coach or just starting out, she’ll help you build the mom coaching biz of your dreams.
Kathy lives in the cozy mountain town of Nelson, British Columbia with her mountain-loving man, their pre-teen son and teenage daughter and their two mini-dachshunds Angel and Wilbur. She’s obsessed with Game of Thrones, triple shot lattes and perfecting the fine art of smyesing.
TUNE IN + SUBSCRIBE TO YOUR FAVORITE PLATFORM:
BULLET POINTS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- What does hustle like a mother mean to you?
- The first thing that popped it’s just having fun while getting stuff done – we are able to kind of enjoy the hustle and not feel like we have to be totally slammed.
- I would love for you to tell me a little bit about your business, how you got started. Give us a little background.
- So my business is I work with moms who are coaches and I help them get clarity.
- We moved when my daughter was a baby to the middle of nowhere eight hours away from any major center. And I started a blog just so our family could keep tabs on our adventures. And that started my foray into the online world. I fell deep in love with connecting with other like-minded moms who were into the same sort of things I was into back in the day. They kept reaching out to me asking questions such as how are you able to be so prolific with your blog and being so productive with your time? And you don’t seem like you’re overwhelmed, you’re having fun with this. So that was my call to become a life coach.
- I hear that you have three painless steps to niching down your business, right? So why these steps, what are those?
- I call it my B H G process.
- B stands for Brain – ask yourself, what is it that I do know? And what is it that I bring to the table in terms of expertise, life experiences, education, etc.
- H is the Heart center – what makes you sigh and what makes you cry? It’s like the big why in your heart.
- G is going with your Gut – your gut part is going to beat the decision-making. Ask yourself, what do I want to learn more about? What do I want to become an expert at? Then just make a decision already and commit to that decision.
- I call it my B H G process.
- What is your best advice for steady work-life balance?
- Each season is going to look different. You get to decide how many hours you want to work, so choose your work hours.
- Have a family meeting and lay out some work parameters with your family, just like if you were going to work. And then when you’re off those hours, be hyper-focused on being present with your family.
- Let everybody know where they can find you. Where do you hang out on the internet?