New Years Goals + Glitter Shoes
Hey hey, party people! Happy Hump Day! I hope you are wrapping up your holiday festivities in preparation for New Years Eve!!! Today, we are talking all things New Year. I have been reflecting on 2016 and all of the joy that it has brought me, and I hope to make 2017 EVEN BETTER. I hope that sharing my new years goals with you today will hold me accountable for all of the things I need to do in the coming year…. (fingers crossed — I am LITERALLY the worst at new years resolutions).
Bring On 2017 with the New Years Goals.
To catch you up on the last year if you are new to the show, here’s the big things that happened:
- I got married to the world’s coolest + most handsome man in the whole world on April 9th. He’s my best friend and I am so in love it’s ridiculous. Ok I’ll stop before I get gross and sappy.
- We went on a DREAM honeymoon. Cozumel, Key West, Playa Del Carmen….between swimming with the sea turtles and parasailing over the ocean…can I please go back? 7 days with no internet and only my husband. #livingthedream
- I adopted my siamese-shorthair mix, Felix. He is the funniest, most talkative, snuggliest purr baby in the whole world. He makes us laugh 24/7. I love being his fur mama!
- I graduated college. I’ve now got a degree in Biochemistry and am a full-fledged adult. How did that even happen?
- A and I moved into a beautiful new apartment. It is approx. 3x the size of our last apartment and has a fireplace. #luckiestgirlalive
- I monetized my blog! Blonde & Ambitious is a real-life job. I hit 16K on instagram this month, I work a million hours a week, and now make enough money that I can work from home. I’ve never been happier.
OKAY. Now that you have the reader’s digest version of my year, let’s talk about what needs to be accomplished in 2017.
Here are my new years goals:
- Hit 80K on instagram by December 31st, 2017. I really think this is going to be a huge year for me and I can’t wait to see where it goes. I should be reaching 20K in the next few weeks, so I’m RIGHT on target.
- Plan another vacation. I would love to take a girls’ trip with my mom and sister to the beach this summer, so I am going to do everything I can to make that happen!
- Go to New York Fashion week! I am already planning my September trip, and have honestly never been so excited. NYC, here I come!!
- Completely decorate my new home. I am working on some exciting new projects for the coming year regarding interior design and making the most of a smaller space. More to come on that later!
- Stick to a workout plan. I am feeling a little bit ~ h e a v i e r ~ after the holiday season (*ahem* thank you spice cookies + peanut butter balls + oreo truffles). I’m hoping I can actually get into a habit this year. My metabolism isn’t quite what it used to be.
- Film a makeup tutorial every week. You all seem to love them so I’m getting lights and a brand new set up to make my videos high quality for you all! I hope you enjoy!
Ok guys, it is totally up to you to make sure I stick to my guns and get everything on this list done. I am so excited to start decorating my home. I can’t wait to unveil my coming collaborations with you all. This is going to be a BIG BIG BIG year for Blonde & Ambitious.
As I am going to start filming makeup tutorials again, please drop in the comments what you would like to see a tutorial of or products you’d like to see reviewed! I’d love to accommodate all of you in the coming months so don’t be shy. 🙂
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this post! Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday.