NEW YEAR, NEW GOALS: Looking Toward 2021
Happy January, everyone! 2020 was an especially hard year for SO many people. For us, we saw illness of loved ones, missed special events and the loss of our second pregnancy. I know SO many of you went through job losses, loss of friends or family, and other hard things. I’m praying that 2021 sees a COVID19 vaccine, increased job opportunities for those who need it and celebration of special events with our loved ones.
NEW YEAR, NEW GOALS: Looking Toward 2021
Last year, my word of the year was “abundance”. I was hoping for abundance in work, in family, in friendship, in life. I don’t think we 100% missed the mark on that – but it definitely didn’t look like I thought it was going to! This year, I chose a different word to carry with me through 2021:
I chose “elevate” as my word because when I read the definition I just resonated so much with it.
verb el·e·vate | \ ˈe-lə-ˌvāt \ elevated; elevating
Definition of elevate: to lift up or make higher
This is how I want my year to go. I was to lift up or make higher all areas of my life. My marriage, motherhood, my business, my friendships. I want them to rise above anything that may try to knock them down. I wanted them to be elevated.
BONUS: My Word of the Year plaque is from Simply Stained Shop! She sent my my word + plaque last year, but I purchased my word this year myself! I just got the word plaque since I already have the base. You can get one for yourself here. They’re only $12 for the base and the sign and then each year you can just get a new sign to replace your word!!
I went back to last year’s goal list to see what I accomplished and here was the list:
Tackle some home renovation projects: Guest Bathroom, Master Bedroom, Backyard!Kind of. HAH! We did the guest bathroom and the master bedroom – backyard is on hold until 2022, and the basement was moved up and contractors have been hired.
- Double our savings account by Dec. 31st. We DID increased our savings but didn’t totally double it – COVID happened, Adam started his master’s program and we had some things that needed taken care of! On track to do this for 2021, pending another global pandemic doesn’t happen. HA.
Continue working on increasing my monthly page views and organic blog growth.Yes! This continually increased and I’m so happy with where I landed at the end of the year.
- Take a family vacation for our 4th Anniversary somewhere fun! Well. We DID have this planned. We ended up staying home because – say it with me – COVID. We DID end up going on a Labor Day trip, though, and it was perfect. Maybe this year!
Double my monthly income.AH! Yes, I did this! This ended up being my biggest year income-wise I’ve ever had and it was largely due to the pivots I made regarding my coaching and business strategy program. Start trying for baby #2.Ah. This one is bittersweet. We did end up getting pregnant with baby number two, but lost them due to a miscarriage in December. Continue my low-buy for clothing + makeup throughout the year. STICK TO A BUDGET.Continuing this for this year!! I had a great time sticking to my budget and only buying things I actually loved and needed. 10/10 recommend not recklessly spending. Streamline my content for beauty, modest fashion and motherhood across all platforms.I feel like this year I REALLY got myself in order when it comes to my platforms and my content. I feel like I’m producing what I love to produce and sharing content I LOVE!!!
It’s always so satisfying to go back and look at where I was a year ago and see how far we’ve come. This is my list of goals for 2021:
- Continue tackling home renovation projects! We are having the basement finished in January (read about our plans here) – and can’t wait to decorate our new offices! Other rooms on our list this year: a quick makeover for the guest bathroom! Also still hoping we have a reason to do up the guest bedroom as a new nursery.
- Double my monthly income again. I have even bigger goals for this year to continue expanding, potentially add another team member and increase my income to help support our family.
- Get pregnant with Baby #2. After our loss in November, it feels sad to put this on the list again. But both Adam and I feel really strongly about continuing to try and grow our family this year so we are trusting God has the perfect addition to our family just waiting for us.
- Expand Taylor Mobley coaching. Expanding my skills to helping women entrepreneurs in this way during 2020 was a HUGE eye-opener to me in the direction I want to continue moving. I have a lot of plans for TMC and am really excited to start putting them into motion. First up: a mastermind collaboration with my friend Emily for local STL photographers!
- Reach 25K unique podcast downloads! I hit over 5K unique podcast downloads in my first 6 months, and as it continues to grow, I’d LOVE to reach this milestone and start getting my first sponsors for the podcast.
- Hit 30K on TikTok & 40K on Instagram. I always hesitate to attach numbers to platforms because it can be so hard to control the growth – but I am shifting some of my strategies and hope to see increases here because of it!
- Take a family vacation to the BEACH! We had the most magical beach vacation this past summer over labor day and it solidified to me that I need at least one week a year sitting in the sun by the ocean. It did SO MUCH GOOD for my mental health so we are making it a yearly priority.
- Wake up at 6am every single day. I want to get into the habit of doing my hair/makeup before Jack wakes up so I can actually take advantage of his nap times and be more present while he’s awake. Plus, it ensures that no matter where my day goes I’ll be ready for it.
What are your goals for 2021?!? I feel like all of my goals are in my control this year and I’m SO excited to see where the year takes me.