I’M 26! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
Last week on the 19th I turned 26 years old. And even though I am a full grown adult with a child and a husband and a mortgage and a career – I still feel 17 at heart. LOL. I wonder if I will ever feel like an adult-y adult, you know? Last year I shared 25 things you don’t know about me – and this year I’m going to try to top it with 26 MORE fun facts! I also cringed re-reading last years post because I started it off with this:
“My twenties have been just absolutely amazing. A month after I turned 20, I met Adam. We got married a few months after I turned 21 and I graduated college. We moved to St. Louis at 22. Bought our first home and got pregnant at 23. Jack was born when I was 24. Every year has had something absolutely amazing happen – I have no idea how 25 is going to possibly live up to them!”
Andddddd…it was NOT my best year at the end of the day. There are always sunshine-y things to look back on – but as far as milestones, I wish I could say 25’s weren’t a global pandemic and a miscarriage. Sigh. THAT BEING SAID – I am still choosing to look on the bright side and hope that 26 has something beautiful coming for me! Let’s jump into this.
I’M 26! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
- I have just started getting into perfumes! If you read my list last year, I clearly stated that I don’t love wearing perfume. WELL – over the last year that has really changed! I have accumulated several favorites – Bathhouse No. 9, Kate Spade Walk On Air, Kate Spade Truly Gracious, Philosophy Fresh Cream Warm Cashmere.
- I have a large collection of stickers from dozens of small shops. I am OBSESSED with cute stickers. I put them on my water bottles and iPad case – and I specifically shop them from small shops!
- My favorite dessert is banana cream pie! It’s absolutely delicious. 10/10.
- I am a certified speed reader. Ok, no officially – but it’s true. I read insanely fast because I skip the filler words (think: a, the, it, and, etc) and let my brain fill the sentence in.
- My favorite candle scent is Capri Blue Volcano. TJMaxx has a dupe that is almost identical in their Scentational brand “Storm”. It’s SO GOOD and I pick up one or two every time I’m in the store.
- I pick a word of the year every year – and I’ve been doing it for 5 years now. Last year, it was Abundance. This year, it’s Elevate!
- My favorite book genre is fantasy or YA. I love the young love romances and anything similar to Harry Potter / Hunger Games / Percy Jackson.
- I started a podcast last summer!! It is one of my FAVORITE things I’ve started since owning my own business. I absolutely LOVE interviewing amazing women. You can find Hustle Like A Mother Podcast HERE!
- My favorite color has been pink as long as I’ve been alive. I wish that was an exaggeration but it is NOT. I have loved pink as long as I can remember. Growing up, my sister was always blue and I was always pink!
- I don’t love working out in general but I do LOVE spin classes! For my birthday this year, Adam got me a Peloton so I can work out at home when I have time between clients or when Jack is napping. No excuse not to work out!
- I am obsessed with sneakers! Since becoming a mom – sneakers have been my shoe of choice. I didn’t realize how fun sneakers could be until I started looking for more to match my outfits.
- I am the biggest true crime junkie there is. I watch a ton of true crime shows (Criminal Minds, CSI, etc) and listen to a true crime podcast every morning.
- I am a sucker for designer bags. If I meet my goals at the end of 2021 – I have a Gucci bag with my name on it.
- My favorite color combo is brushed gold and blush pink. They were even my wedding colors!
- I love sappy cards. I save all of the best ones and keep them in a box so I can read them later! Adam outdid himself for my card this year. That one is one to save forever. 😉
- The correct amount of fuzzy blankets and cozy socks is the limit does not exist. If you ever have to get me a present for something – go fuzzy blanket or cozy socks.
- I have an UNHEALTHY love for Baby Yoda. I have zero self control when it comes to buying Jack a million Grogu merch items. Grogu sweatshirt? Done. Custom embroidery? Don’t @ me. Baby Yoda stuffed animal? Consider it purchased.
- I am writing a fiction book! I won’t spoil it yet – but I hope to send it off to publishers by the end of this year!!!
- My ideal date night: Pizza, movie snacks, board games and a movie with my hubby. I love getting all dressed up – but NOTHING beats snuggling on the couch with my man!
- I believe leopard print is a neutral and you cannot convince me otherwise. Tell me it doesn’t go with literally everything. You can’t. I won’t be taking any questions at this time.
- I thrive off of clean and organized spaces. This is why it’s SO hard for me to function when my house is a mess. Unfortunately, with 2 working parents, it’s really hard to keep the house impeccably clean all the time. This has been a huge lesson is grace and patience for me!
- I have this dream of having a big team for Blonde & Ambitious Blog of ALL working moms!! I would love to be able to employ more women to my team at some point (right now it’s just me and my VA) and help moms pursue their dreams of working from home while taking care of their babies! SOON!
- I take at least 3 bubble baths a week. I LOVE BATHS. My goal for our next home is to have a giant soaking tub with jets. MY DREAM.
- I just watched all of the Star Wars movies for the first time this month – and I am a FAN. Like fly me to Galaxy’s Edge to make my own lightsaber fan. I can’t believe I have never seen them before – I totally get why they have such a huge following now.
- I only wash my hair once every 5-6 days. I used to have to wash my hair every single day but about 2 years ago I spent an entire summer training my hair to go longer between washes and my hair has never been healthier or more full!
- I have a small group of friends and get overwhelmed by too many. I have a small amount of people I can take on as close/best friends. Once that amount is full, I have a really hard time creating more CLOSE relationships vs friendly acquaintances. I prefer my circle small!
I hope you loved reading this post as much as I loved writing it. I write a list like this every year (I have LONG since before I started this blog – I’ve got them in a journal somewhere) because it ends up becoming a kind of time capsule for me and reading them years later is so joyful for me.
Did you learn something new today?!