Global Cat Day + The International Cat Show
Happy TUESDAY, fam! It’s been such a fun weekend full of Halloween festivities (catch them all on my instagram from the past weekend if you are curious on what to do during the month of October) – and not only was this weekend a bunch of fun for Halloween festivities BUT it was ALSO The Cat Fancier’s Association’s INTERNATIONAL CAT SHOW! This year, it was held in Cleveland, Ohio and the main sponsor was….drumroll please…Royal Canin! We know and love Royal Canin in this house from cat food (Chester literally can’t get enough) and now puppy food (Archer is thrilled) so I was so excited to get in on the cat show action. Let’s dive into this.
Global Cat Day + The International Cat Show
Another FUN FACT: today is GLOBAL CAT DAY! Started by Alley Cat Allies, this day is set to observe all the amazing cats we know and love in our lives. Millions of cats are killed each year because they fill shelters that don’t have any room. They ensure communities, shelters and veterinarians have what they need to launch programs including spay and neuter clinics and Trap-Neuter-Return. It’s an amazing program that I am so, so passionate about – ESPECIALLY because both of my sweet kitties are rescue cats.
If you are interested in helping out – follow along with #globalcatday and you can advocate to help make sure the cats in your community are protected with humane policies, carry out TNR, and more!
NOW ON TO THE CAT SHOW!
Cat Fancier’s Association is the top authority for credibility and authenticity in the preservation of pedigreed cats breeds. They also have a mission to improve the lives and well-being of ALL cats, regardless of breed or pedigree. They support research and education for feline heath, responsible cat ownership, breeder assistance and aid in disaster relief. They work nationally with shelters to help reduce the number of homeless and feral cat populations and to help encourage neuter/spay of household pet cats.
There were SO many things that happened this weekend, so let’s break it down:
16 Ring Judging
- There are 8 judges for a 16 ring show and there are 2 divisions: the Teal show and the Purple show.
- This is where the cats are judged on their pedigreed appearance.
- This is my favorite part of cat shows – I can’t get my cats to look at me when I call their name let alone jump through hoops and sit on command. 😉 Agility is so fun and cats are SO light on their feet. It’s fascinating to watch.
Best of Show
- This is self-explanatory. If you think your cat has what it takes – you may win BEST OF SHOW! Last year, the winner was Gary Galavant. He is such a cute black and white fluffy kitty – it’s no wonder he won!
- This year the winner was *insert winner here*
Meet & Greet The Cats
- There are 5 fun cats to meet and greet during this year’s show. You can meet Gary, Lil Mang the Lykoi “Werewolf Cat”, Farrah Pawcett the Sphynx, Sunglass Cat, and Seamus & Angus.
Pet Education Project
- This is a great project used to teach children and adults how to properly care for their pets. It’s an awesome initiative to make pet owners aware of how to take GREAT care of their feline friends.
- Arguably the best and most adorable part of the show – the adoption event! Take home your new best friend and rescue a kitty during this event. OR just walk around and love up on those who need a home!
This is such a fun event – so mark it on your calendars for next year! Be sure to follow along and maybe even enter your pedigreed pet!
LAST BUT NOT LEAST – let’s chat about the newest launch in the cat department at Royal Canin: POUCH CAT FOOD!
They are offering an extensive selection of feline nutrition – formulas designed around the IDEAL diet of a cat and their eating preferences. They have the perfect balance between fats, carbohydrates, and proteins that are able to support palatability, long-term. They come in easy pouches that are easy and convenient to use and ALWAYS fresh. PLUS (my favorite part), you can mix with your dry food for added flavor and nutrition. The flavors available right now are: Adult Instinctive, Intense Beauty, Digest Sensitive, and Ultra Light (fewer calories).
I’m love sharing the new flavors with my sweet kitties – and they are loving it, too!
I so hope you enjoyed learning more about #globalcatday, the international cat show AND the new wet formula cat food from Royal Canin. SO MANY THINGS are happening in the cat world.
Do you have a cute kitty of your own?! Tell me all about it in the comments below!