5 Healthy Habits To Keep You Hustling with Elizabeth Girouard – PODCAST EPISODE 75
In today’s episode, Elizabeth shares her story to wellness and her 5 Healthy Habits she has in place to keep her hustling!! We go over how healthy habits can affect you and your business (that you may not even recognize), why women business owners specifically should really focus on adding healthy habits to their daily routine and the advice Elizabeth has to overwhelmed women in business trying to “do it all” AND add in healthy habits! Find Elizabeth HERE.
5 Healthy Habits To Keep You Hustling with Elizabeth Girouard
Elizabeth Girouard is a Certified Health and Wellness Coach and Emotional Eating Coach for women who are tired of the emotional eating roller coaster and yo-yo dieting. She’s your guide to transforming your relationship with food so you can finally find freedom. No more Hershey kisses and Doritos tempting your willpower. Find peace around food – once and for all!
TUNE IN + SUBSCRIBE TO YOUR FAVORITE PLATFORM:
BULLET POINTS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Tell me what hustle like a mother means to you.
- I think as moms, we basically are constantly hustling, right? We wear every hat. We are multitasking. We never know exactly what the day is going to throw at us. And we just have to be able to do it all. It’s kind of like being the CEO of your business is like being the CEO of the family. I think we are constantly just dealing with whatever comes up and constantly hustling to get through the day and make it to the next one.
- Tell us your story a little bit. Tell me how you started this business and your journey to motherhood and all of this good stuff.
- There was always something sweet in the house. Unfortunately, when I was sad and when I was trying to cope with being teased, that’s what I would go to. That was kind of the beginning of my kind of tumultuous relationship with food, you know, unhealthy relationship with food. My first diet was when I was probably 12 years old.
- When I got pregnant with my first child, we lost him six months in utero. After that I was blessed to get pregnant again with twins and I was really sick. I went to doctor after doctor and clinically, I was fine. So basically they wanted to put me on antidepressants because that’s what I needed. When I knew in my heart, there was something wrong. I ended up finding a holistic practitioner. She was able to diagnose me with a lot of different conditions.
- In essence, she said to me, here’s this diet you need to go on. Well, I’m the queen of diets. All right, whatever, throw me another diet. I can do it. It was something called the GAPS Diet or Gut and Psychology Syndrome Diet. It was 180 degrees different from how I was living my life.
- After I started going down my health journey, my son came to me one night in tears and said, Mommy, I’m so sick. I made two fairly major tweaks in his diet and, you know, told him it’s going to be hard. I’ll be with you the whole way. He said, I’ll do anything. And within three weeks he was like a new kid. He had energy, his skin rashes went away. He wasn’t spending all of his time in the bathroom. And that said to me, okay, I think I need to help other people to stop suffering.
- Tell me why or how healthy habits can affect a business owner and mom in their life. What do you see these habits do for these women?
- It’s so easy to forget to take care of ourselves and you know, it’s totally cliche to say, fill your own cup. You can’t pour from an empty cup, but it’s reality, you know? So it’s so important to prioritize everything right.
- Number one priority is making sure the kids live through the day. And then figuring out like, what’s that one thing that I need to do for myself today. And what’s that one thing I need to do for my business today and really prioritize that
- What are those five healthy habits that you discussed?
- Pure Simple Wellness is all based around food, lifestyle, and mindset. And the combination of those three things together really is what gets you success. Of course the first one is food, right? So focusing on eating healthy foods. Real foods that are actually nourishing your body versus just feeding you.
- Number two is hydration. Almost all of the processes in our body use water, right? We need water. We need water to flush out our waste. We need water for our mucosal lining. We need water for ourselves to reproduce. We need water to keep wrinkles away. You know what I mean? We need water for so many things.
- Number three is probably the one that I would say most moms, most mompreneurs, forget about. It’s the first thing to go, and that’s sleep. Studies have shown time and time again that just a few nights of destructed sleep and lack of sleep can actually impair your brain function.
- Number four is just changing your state – get up, move your body. The minute you’re feeling down, the minute you feel like, Ooh, I’m not really in a good place, get up and move your body, changing your state in terms of your physical state can change your state in terms of your mental state.
- Number five is having compassion for yourself. We have to have strategies to manage stress. And some of them we talked about like exercise is a brilliant way to manage your stress. Just getting out in nature. Of course we’ve heard of meditation. I have a lot of clients who are like, I can’t meditate. Go for a walk and appreciate the beauty outside. That’s a walking meditation. Doesn’t have to be hard.
- What would be your last piece of advice for women in business trying to manage their health and their life with these healthy routines?
- I think the first thing is, start with one thing. One thing. Maybe it’s the water. We said that one and it’s easy. And then once you master that, take on one more thing. Maybe you take on, I’m going to eat a healthy breakfast.
- Can you tell everybody where we can find you on the internet?
- My business is Pure Simple Wellness. The website is www.puresimplewellness.com
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/puresimplewellness
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/puresimplewellnesswithelizabeth
- Free Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/healthyrecipeswithpuresimplewellness
- Freebie: Want healthy snacks to fit any craving? Grab your free healthy snack guide with Sweet, Salty, Crunchy and Creamy snacks to satisfy any craving! – https://mailchi.mp/puresimplewellness/simplesnackguide