2020 New Year Goals and Resolutions
Guys. GUYS. It’s 2020. 20 freaking 20. Can you even believe it? I am still trying to wrap my head around it, honestly. I am so excited and ready for this year. 2019 was amazing in so many ways – I spent the first half of the year pregnant and enjoying my growing belly and the second half of the year with my darling boy, Jack Henry! We celebrated our third wedding anniversary in April, my mom threw me the most beautiful baby shower, Adam saw NYC for the first time. Every month had something new and fun to look forward to and we couldn’t feel more blessed. My blog continued to grow and while I didn’t hit EVERY goal on my list for the year (thanks for squelching influencer growth, IG – gotta love ya), I did hit many of them and I am really proud of the progress I did make. Here’s a little recap of last year’s goals + resolutions, as well as what my new ones for 2020 are!!
2020 New Year Goals and Resolutions
MY WORD OF THE YEAR:
My Word of the Year plaque is from Simply Stained Shop! She is AWESOME (the literal sweetest human) and created this for the blog! I am so excited to have this on my desk this year to remind me exactly what I’m working towards in 2020. You can get one for yourself here. They’re only $12 for the base and the sign and then each year you can just get a new sign to replace your word!!
Abundance in all things. In: joy, peace, comfort, growth, happiness. We want to throw out abundance into the universe. I want it all. Bring it ON, 2020!!! I’m SO excited to manifest this word this year.
2019 goal list:
Read a book a month(I started off strong here…but by the time Jack was born I was completely off the train. Hoping to get back on again in 2020). Meet our savings goal by December 31st(YES! We actually surpassed our goal which was immensely helpful with Adam starting his master’s program this month) Focus less on Instagram and more on organic blog growth(Yep! I have been working on SEO and Pinterest a lot more and plan to double my efforts there in 2020). Launch my Facebook Ads business(YES! I did! I have a few clients already for 2020, and I’m so excited to explore this new passion of mine). Hit 40K on Instagram(dksdkjfhsoeru. I don’t swear on my blog but if I did…..Instagram gave me more grief than anything this year but I DID finally get over 30K. Here’s hoping that upward trend continues). Double my monthly page views(I did this!! SO excited about that. Hoping to do it again in 2020!) Take time off for the baby(I did this, too. I took almost a month completely off and it was really good for my soul. I needed that time away recover and just be mom).
OKAY. Whew. Now let’s dive into what I hope to accomplish in 2020:
- Tackle some home renovation projects: Guest Bathroom, Master Bedroom, Backyard! As we start these projects, I’ll bring you guys along with me. We want to add a faux brick wall to our bedroom, completely demolish our deck and do a patio instead and totally upgrade the guest bath. STAY TUNED because we plan on doing as much of it ourselves as we can. So excited/nervous.
- Double our savings account by Dec. 31st. We want to double this again in addition to the expenses from renovating and Adam’s grad school. It’s a lofty goal but I think we can do it.
- Continue working on increasing my monthly page views and organic blog growth. I may not have hit my Instagram follower goal – but I did hit 10K on Pinterest! I started putting a lot of effort into my Pinterest account this year and it has truly paid off. I will be going HARD on SEO this coming year.
- Take a family vacation for our 4th Anniversary somewhere fun! We’ve always wanted to do a cute B&B or a beach trip and Jack will be close to a year when we go, so it’ll be such a fun trip.
- Double my monthly income. I have big goals for this year income-wise – and they TERRIFY me. But I think that is good. You can’t grow if you are comfortable.
- Start trying for baby #2. We don’t know if we will have trouble getting pregnant again – but we’d love to have our kids close together. So we plan on starting to try again for another baby in 2020.
- Continue my low-buy for clothing + makeup throughout the year. STICK TO A BUDGET. OOOOff. This is a rough one. This year, I basically threw my budget out the window early on. In September, I realized just how much money I was spending on makeup and it was WAY TOO MUCH. I’m noticing the same thing happening to me with clothing and it’s time I sat down with my business account and actually set limits for myself. I want to be able to review products for you, but I also need to make sure I’m not hemorrhaging money from my account, too. I want to be smart about my business. SO. I will be on a “low-buy” for the foreseeable future. Basically, that means I will have a small budget allocated for new products monthly and I will be able to replace worn out or empty products when I need to. That should keep me from overspending in those areas. Hopefully you guys will join me and we can all focus on smart spending in 2020!
- Streamline my content for beauty, modest fashion and motherhood across all platforms. I’ve been working on this for a while – and you can fill my reader survey out here to help me with that process!! I want to be more consistent and bring you even MORE valuable content.
I’m SO SO SO SO excited about this year. I feel so grateful for our beautiful 2019. 2020 marks 5 years dating my husband, 4 years married, 1 year with a baby, 4 years working on Blonde & Ambitious Blog…so many fun and amazing things to look forward to.
What is something YOU are excited for this year? What kind of goals are you setting??